Are you struggling to find the Best Home Security System? You are not alone, or rather Home Alone!
Recently one of my close friends wanted to buy a good Home Security System for his house and didn’t realize the dilemma he would face. He was, pardon the pun, “alarmed” to find out that there are so many different brands and types in the market and every vendor saying theirs are the best. The prices can also range from $100+ to several thousands of dollars plus annual recurring fees.
So what is the best home security system? The answer is there’s none.
Best does not have to be the most advanced and latest in technology. To my friend Best means easy to install, operate and maintain, effective and affordable. The system must also be suitable for the size and layout of the house and the family’s activities and habits.
He finally decided on the AAS-V700 Wireless Home Security System. He was a happy and a very satisfied user and has recommended that I install one myself. He shared with me his experience with the system and the reasons why it is one of the best, if not the best home security system available in the market now.
He is impressed with the Features
The package came with a big bunch of sensors including 25 door/window sensors, 5 motion detectors, 1 glass break sensor, and 1 smoke detector, enough to cover the footprint of a big house. Three sirens/horns are included (one outdoor for your neighbors to hear and two indoor for yourself). The indoor sirens are so loud it will scare the hell out of any burglar, even if he is half deaf. So if you have animals at home, either train them to get used to it or keep them away when testing or activating the sirens. The outside siren is much softer but still audible to the neighbors without irritating them; a good and sensible feature.
The system supports up to 99 zones for an unlimited number of sensors per zone. The coverage is extensive and the signal strength can reach the garage and a detached office if you have one.
The AAS-V700 Wireless Home Security System dials up to 6 phone numbers, so you can program it to call your and your spouse’s cell or work phones, a friend and neighbor’s phones, or an alarm monitoring service.
Entry and exit delays and siren time can be programmed from 0 to 30 seconds.
These programmed delays can be disabled by using the key fobs that come with the system. This is a useful function for inhibiting the alarm every time you come back to your home.
You can also access the system remotely by using the phone feature to arm, disarm, or simply monitor your home, giving you peace of mind.
- Wireless, so there is no need to drill holes, lift carpets and run wires all over the house
- Easy to install, operate and maintain. This saves a lot of time and effort, crucial for people who are busy or simply lazy to go through the hassle.
- You can DIY and it’s almost idiot-proof. No need to pay hundreds of dollars for a professional alarm company to do this for you.
- Low cost and great value for money. No recurring yearly service or monitoring fees.
- Since it is wireless you need to change the batteries periodically to ensure the system functions at the optimum level. I would strongly suggest replacing the standard batteries with the best heavy-duty batteries.
- The double-sided tapes for the window/door sensors are not adhesive enough. I would suggest wiping and cleaning the area before sticking the tape. Using velcro is another alternative.
- No Alarm Security sign sticker was provided, though this can be purchased easily from a hardware store. A survey of criminals has indicated that nine out of ten would not bother burglarizing a home if they saw it was equipped with an alarm system.
Does the AAS-V700 Wireless Home Security System comes with a Warranty ?
Yes, it carries a two-year warranty on the Keypad/Control Panel and a one-year warranty on all components. It also comes with free lifetime technical support seven days a week by phone and email.
Why you should install a home security system?
- One out of every five homes will have a burglary or fire
- Nine out of ten convicted burglars said they would avoid a house with an alarm system or a home video surveillance system.
- A home video security system makes your home three times less likely to be burglarized
- Homes protected by a security system are more acceptable by insurance companies and can get discounts for the home insurance premium.
- You can monitor your home environment, your child, aged parents, pets while you are working on even on holidays. This gives you less stress and peace of mind, something money cannot buy.
Summary – the Best Home Security System
The AAS-V700 Home Security Alarm System is a full-featured wireless security system that combines the most popular security features in a convenient and economical package. This system offers all the basic requirements plus bells & whistles to effectively protect your home from burglars. If you need the best home security system to keep yourself, your property, and your family safe, then this system is a great choice.